Thursday, May 10, 2018

Wildfell: A Novel by London Clarke


Holy moly! This was an amazing read! I read this in less than 24 hours. I just couldn't put it down. Anne drops her life in the states and runs off to London to escape having to testify in court against an ex-lover accused of sexual assault, who also happened to be her college professor. On the plane to London Anne meets Bain. Under the assumed name of Tessa, Anne decides to stay with Bain at the old and decrepit house in which he's staying. The problem is... this house has more than just creaky walls and dusty floors lurking in it's shadows. Will Anne ever make it out of there alive once she's entered? Or will the house decide her fate?
   Excellently written. The story is well thought out and very well put together. A little slow at the start but by about 40% of the way through it picks up a sledge hammer and nails you! This book had me gripped til the end. Characters were perfectly developed and more than believable, they seemed to jump off the page (or screen in my case).
   I dare say, this has to be one of the best horror novels I've ever read and coming from a horror fanatic like myself, that's a pretty BIG compliment! I am going to have to get a paper copy of this one for my library and I would definitely recommend this book to all who enjoy a bit of creepiness in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My May 2018 TBR Stack

My May 2018 TBR Stack

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings