Friday, May 11, 2018

Right Text Wrong Number by Natalie Decker


I think the editor of this book needs to work on their reviewing skills. There are tons of little typos and grammar errors in this book such as these:


The gist of the story is that Layla finds out her boyfriend has been cheating on her when she discovers naked pictures of some girl on his phone. Layla attempts to text the girl but instead ends up texting the guy that she thinks is the biggest jerk in school. They continue to text each other however (under seudo names) and begin a relationship. 
Though the story is cute in essence I feel that it was a bit forced. Or perhaps unrealistic? I'm not sure which. I know that I personally think that the book is WAY too revolved around the idea of texting. Perhaps its because I'm of the 90's generation that grew up without texting and smart phones. I just feel that that's really all the book was... two people texting each other back and forth. This may be interesting to some but it just didn't blow my skirt up. 
Perhaps this is written for the younger generations to enjoy. I'm not quite sure. However I'm sure that a younger person would probably get more out of it than I did. 
After this book gets recalled and retyped without all the errors, I would recommend this book to the right person. The story is cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My May 2018 TBR Stack

My May 2018 TBR Stack

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings