Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Measurements of Decay by K. K. Edin


   "In a distant future, Tikan Solstafir lives in self-imposed exile. The star systems close to Earth have been colonized but, rather than embracing the adventure, people have chosen to withdraw into their own hallucinations. Meanwhile, in the 21st century, a disillusioned philosopher sets out on a quest to save humanity from itself and a young time-traveling girl called Sielle may hold the key to everything... especially after a mysterious enemy attacks Tikan's starship, and Tikan strikes back to end the tyranny and sever the dream-state that has enslaved humanity."
   I read this book because it sounded interesting. While it is exactly that, I also found it very difficult to read and follow. The 2 stories are told simultaneously and honestly, I think it takes away from both stories to be told in this manner. I think they should have been written separately.
   Although this book had a very entertaining premise, I have to admit that it gave me the heeby jeebies in reading the slow and VOLUNTARY decline of the human race. Seeing/reading things like this always weird me out. Perhaps that's because its just too realistic... it's genuinely scary!
   All-in-all this was an intriguing read. Definitely a good Sci-fi novel. I would certainly recommend this book to those who enjoy science fiction and dystopian genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My May 2018 TBR Stack

My May 2018 TBR Stack

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings