Friday, January 12, 2018

Where To Buy Books

This is a silly question right? I mean, I’d go to a book store of course!

Ok for real now, let’s answer this question. So if I had to go to an actual store I would first go to my local used book store before a big chain like Barnes and Noble. I like to help out the privately owned shops and give them business before the big chains. I feel the privately owned stores are more willing to please their customers and their prices are much more affordable. The down side of this being that you can’t always find the new additions/new releases in these stores. So if you’re searching for the new addition of that text book you need for your history class, be prepared to buy new $$$ or… shop Amazon rentals.

However, if the parameters involve me being able to use and online store, I would DEFINELTY be on either Book Outlet or Thrift Books. Both of these sites are amazing for getting inexpensive and good quality used books. I will stand by them all the way! Their prices are more than reasonable and so is their shipping.

Another great book buying (sort of) site that I will stand by to the end is Paperback Swap. This site allows you to post books that you have available for swap. When someone requests one of your books you ship it out. When they receive the book, you receive a credit which allows you to choose your own book from a batch of thousands of books available from hundreds of other members just like you! It’s an amazing idea and it works great! If you haven’t already signed up (it’s free by the way) then I highly recommend that you do!

The last online spot I’d like to talk about would be Book of the Month. This site is extremely easy to navigate. How it works is, you pay a monthly fee to receive a credit. 1 credit = 1 book. You can pay the fees in advance to receive a half a year or a year’s worth of credits. These credits can be used any time. An example would be: You can one month use 3 credits to receive 3 books, then skip the next month and not use any credits, then the next month use one credit to order 1 book again. BOTM gives you the freedom to get the books you want when you want by having their credits roll over if not used. You also get first looks at brand new releases BEFORE they’re released for sale to the public in bookstores! That’s awesome! The only down side to BOTM is that it can get a bit pricey. The monthly fee for 1 book credit is just under $10 and a full year subscription (12 credits) is $150. Still, it may very well be worth it to get your hands on those coveted new releases. Yum!


All of these places are amazing spots to get books from and I would definitely recommend any of them. But getting back to the original question, needless-to-say, my answer would be books… yeah lots and lots of books LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

My May 2018 TBR Stack

My May 2018 TBR Stack

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings