Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

This book is so depressing! Poor Rachel... so bitter and empty. Trapped between 2 world's, both of which she hates. Her feelings of worthlessness and nothing essentially cut the reader so deep it makes the reader themselves want a drink! She hates the world & everyone in it. Especially herself. ⚠️This book is severely triggering for anyone with serious depression/anxiety issues. I DO NOT recommend this to anyone having said issues.⚠️ I can see why people call it "intense" as the ending surely is just that. It has a good climax. However to get there seems so daunting you feel you want to just give up. Reading this book is like Atreyu & Artex drudging through the terrible thickness of The Swamps of Sadness. I seriously just want to curl into a ball and cry. I know exactly how Rachel feels, so this book was extremely difficult for me to read. READER BEWARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My May 2018 TBR Stack

My May 2018 TBR Stack

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings