Thursday, January 18, 2018

Nora Roberts aka JD Robb

Ok I can't. I'm sorry but I just can't do it. I have tried reading Nora Roberts because so many people like her and she is a very popular author. But I just can't get into her books. I've even tried reading books under her pseudo name JD Robb and still it's a no go.
Let me explain...
All of her books seem to have the same feel to them. It's that whole cloak-and-dagger/cops and robbers type of feel. These types of mystery books hold absolutely no interest to me whatsoever and are extremely boring in my personal opinion. I find that all of her books even the ones that are not written as mysteries have this very same feel to them when I read them.
Now please don't get me wrong, I am not saying that there is anything wrong with her writing per se or that she is a bad author in any way. I am simply saying that I cannot get into her writing style and that no matter how hard I try I simply cannot get myself to like her books.
Ugh 😒 It's just maddening to me to try so very hard to like an author but despite my best efforts, I have failed. This will be my final try. I am now done and moving on. I guess I need to remind myself that I don't have to like what everyone else seems to like. If I did I would not be so unique 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment

My May 2018 TBR Stack

My May 2018 TBR Stack

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings