Monday, April 9, 2018

Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen

Ok my opinion of this book is a bit biased & 1 sided simply for the fact that being locked away in a mental institution is my greatest fear. It's literally my idea of hell and damnation. The author writes the story simply and tells it like it is. Interesting how the main character is diagnosed with BPD but later equates her actions as nothing more than adolescent behavior. She even goes on to be released from the institution and leads a normal life after she had been "rehabilitated". Perhaps this book is less about a character with mental illness and more about a wrongly diagnosed teenaged girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My May 2018 TBR Stack

My May 2018 TBR Stack

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings