Sunday, April 29, 2018

Forty Years of Practice by Tezlyn Reardon


This book is very inspirational piece. This is not a book exclusively for people over forty! The author goes through her trials and tribulations that she encounters through life. It seems that every time she gets on top, she gets knocked right back down again. But through it all, she not only overcame her obstacles but also learned how to use them in order to inspire and even help others.
The book is well written and easy to follow the story as it unfolds. The author takes you from point to point in a well laid out fashion. Her writing style is edgey and even funny at times. She comes across as very down to earth. 
One thing that I didn't particularly care for (but others definitely might) were all the references and details about her sports life. I personally, as a person who doesn't care for sports so much, felt that it was just a bit too much and tended to take away from the overall story the author was trying to tell. I do also understand however that this was a HUGE portion of her life and was centered around one of her largest hurdles. Like I said, others may appreciate it more than me. But as for someone who does not follow sports I found it rather daunting.
All things considered, this was a great little read. Even with the small adjustments I would personally make to the book, I feel that this particular author wrote this book perfectly for her and in her own unique fashion.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a good pick-me-up. As inspiration goes this book is great! After all, "Everything happens for a reason" right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My May 2018 TBR Stack

My May 2018 TBR Stack

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings