Saturday, April 28, 2018

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

It's hard to review 2 books at once especially these two books because I feel so differently about both of them. Nevertheless here we go...
I loved the first book. It was very entertaining to read. The tail was written in a manner that was short and to the point and everything was very easy to understand which is good considering the subject matter. All the characters were perfectly described and so were her misadventures.
However, I was not impressed with the second book. Like many, I've been spoiled by movies and TV series (and even books retelling the story). I had certain ideas about the book and it's characters. I was very disappointed to find out the Jabberwocky was merely a poem and never actually makes an appearance in the book. This was one of my favorite characters in a TV rendition that I used to watch as a child so I was very disappointed that he did not make an appearance. The story in the second book was very difficult to follow along with. Things seem to disappear and turn into an altogether different surrounding so frequently that it's very difficult to understand what's going on when. Also characters did not seem to have as much depth as they did in the first book.
I was also surprised at how young Alice truly is in the books. I guess we can blame Disney for me thinking that she was a young teenager when in actuality she is around the age of 5-7 in both books.
All-in-all they were a very interesting read and I can now scratch that off my Bucket TBR List
✨📗✔️✔️📘✨

No comments:

Post a Comment

My May 2018 TBR Stack

My May 2018 TBR Stack

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings