Monday, May 7, 2018

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien


A great childhood favorite. Mrs. Frisby has a horrible problem... she must move her family before the farmer plows the field and destroys their home. The problem is one of her children is deathly ill and cannot be moved. So she seeks out the Rats of NIMH for help. Can the super intelligent rats of NIMH help her move her home before it is too late?
Great writing and great story. Very different from the 1990s Don Bluth film. There is no magic and Jeremy (the crow) is a much more wise and sophisticated being. However in my personal opinion I like both. This is a fabulous little story no matter how you tell it really. This is great for younger readers or for adults who wish to look back on their childhood. I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My May 2018 TBR Stack

My May 2018 TBR Stack

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings

Check Out These #LitsyHappenings